The Importance of maintaining clean air ducts in your home
These days, it can be pretty alarming when you have a household full of coughing people. Before you get paranoid though, one thing you can check on is whether your home simply has an air duct problem. Dirty air ducts can contribute to residents’ respiratory issues and should be dealt with promptly.
Identifying the source
How does one determine whether the air ducts are the source of the problems plaguing your home? There are a number of telltale signs that can help you narrow down the cause, such as the ones below. When you’ve noticed a few of these in your home, it’s probably time to have the air ducts cleaned.
- Dirty air vent grills
- A bad odor wafting from the vents
- Uneven air quality from room to room
- Visible mold growth around the vent grills
- Noticeably poor overall air quality in the house
- More dust accumulating in each room
Factors that contribute to clogged air ducts
What factors affect the frequency with which you need to clean the air ducts? Here are some of them:
- The age of your HVAC system could impact on how effectively it circulates and filters air through your home
- Having a number of furry friends inside the house can lead to fur accumulating in the ducts
- Occupants who smoke frequently
- Being located in an area with terrible air quality can accelerate the buildup of particles and contaminants in the ducts
- It is also a good practice to have the ducts checked out every couple of years. This is especially true if the people living in your home have any respiratory issues.
Air ducts are usually large enough to work for a long time without many of these factors occurring beyond normal levels. Still, at some point, the ducts will be filled with too much dirt and debris. What should you do when the ducts no longer carry clean air from one room to another?
Call the professionals
There’s no good way to thoroughly clean an air duct system on one’s own. After all, it involves getting around the ducts and having the tools to clean all the dust and debris within. It’s not for the faint of heart, either. Who knows what you’ll find in there!
When you call professionals to clean the ducts, you won’t have to worry about all that. They will bring with them a combination of skills, technical knowhow, and experience to get the job done. They’ll have tools at the ready for whatever’s lodged in your air ducts. You can also request a full sanitation of the duct network as an additional precaution.
With EnviroGreen, you get a full free assessment and quotation, which means you know exactly what will be done. This ensures you know what the process of cleaning your ducts involves and also assures you that you’re getting your money’s worth.
People who want to ensure that their home is healthy and safe for everyone need to keep their air ducts working efficiently. That goes double now that more people are spending time at home and with more emphasis on cleanliness and sanitation. Making sure the air we breathe is free from contamination should be at the top of our checklists. If you need those ducts cleaned swiftly and without any hassles, contact the experts - EnviroGreen Cleaning and Restoration -right away!